Friday, November 20, 2009

Ode to a Box of Mike and Ike's

You, in the green box!
Yes you, all of you!
Little, Green, and Yellow, Orange... RED!!
Yeah you, the RED ONES!!!
Yes you destructive little guys, like... Like....
LIKE the huns!!
You hide in your big green box, all small and fruity, sweet and sticky
Waiting for me to falter.
Waiting for me to lose my dreams to alter,
my health and well being,
Original fruits flavor?
You must be scheming!
You sit there beaming!
And your bright colors abound!
But you make me fat and round!
Go back to your box, and stay there!
Never more to see the light and air,
You think I should care?
Hah!!
You little sugary nibs, you're quite the Dandies,
Its like me with noodles,
I end up eating the whole kit and caboodle.
Yeah...
Really.
I wanna be good, and eat right,
but a box of you is like afternoon delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment